Monday, October 20, 2008

Genius


I am doing something I never thought I would, I happen to be writing from a hotel in Winston Salem, NC. I decided to bring the laptop with me while we are out wandering so I made sure I didn't fill my memory card full on the camera and then be unable to take any more pictures. I know that's not really likely, I have roughly 800 or 1000 shots, but I get nervous about this kind of stuff.

Every time we take a trip I remember why people retire. I could definitely get used to it. We decided to visit North Carolina as it is a state I have not seen much of and Carrie probably even less. We are doing a whirlwind tour of the state from sea to mountainous national park. It has already been a great time for catching up with my wife, and repairing the inevitable emotional crap that happens just going through everyday life.

One thing I must share is the stop we made at the Wright Brothers National Monument (as noted by the above picture). Orville and Wilbur (as I like to call them) I would say are the most famous of all bicycle mechanics. They not only made bicycle parts intricate into the first airplane, but it was indeed their working on bicycles that made it possible, by furthering their knowledge and understanding of mechanics on the whole. It just reinforces my saying that, "a bicycle mechanic can fix ANYTHING mechanical." * Orville and Wilbur Wright, super genius.



* side note : There are many people who claim to hold titles. And there are many unworthy of the titles they hold. I have a very strict definition of bicycle mechanic. Fortunately, I just barely qualify.

1 comment:

Reflector Collector said...

I have always thought of riding a bicycle as the next best thing to flying.