Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Down


So the first of many projects is almost to an end. After way too much time, I completed the build on my cousin's Trek. I can't even remember where this frame came from, but I had her in mind immediately when I found it. It turned out pretty well (I am not completely happy with the tyres) and I think it will give her a good start at riding the roads of nearly rural MN. Hopefully she will let me put some bigger tyres on it to cushion the ride, but she has had a true road bike in mind, so sporting the 32's right away didn't seem quite appropriate. It was also tough not too don fenders and a rack right away. Have to remember this is not my bike.

Bike Specs:
Frame: Old steel Trek 80's ish
Wheels: Tiagra hubs, Bontrager Fairlane rims, DT spokes
Tyres: Bontrager Race Lite 700x25 (should be Panaracer Pesela 28, or 32's)
Brakes: Shimano DuraAce centerpulls (I had never seen these before, great fender clearance)
Crankset: Shimano 105
Derailleurs: Shimano 105 rr, Ultegra ft
Brifters: Shimano Ultegra
Handlebar: Modolo Custom (nice and flat on top)
Stem: Sakae riser
Saddle: Ritchey Pro Ti rails (gotta have a nice saddle)
Extras: Tressostar tape (over another wrapping of tape), not sure what pedals she'll choose yet.

No comments: