Thursday, April 29, 2010

Putting the Fires Out



The bike shop has been bustling over the last couple of months with milder spring weather than we are used to. Along with one of our full timers departing, this has caused a few of us to work a little more then usual. It also tends to start working it's way under people's skin.

I am getting crankier the older I get. Most people don't see this side of me and I have kept it hidden in my youth to save it up for when I get older. My dream is to be a cranky old man, sitting on my front porch and yelling at the kids to not ruin my flowerbeds. Then fix up their bikes for them, I'm cranky not mean!

So there's tons of people needing stuff at the shop, lots of personal events happening, all sorts of personal projects not getting to, loads of everyday tidbits that never go away and to top it all off, my wife's purse was snatched from her office. Talk about a straw! As I was asked to talk about a few items during one of our work meetings last night, I couldn't help myself and I yelled a little louder and sharper then I like to. Cranky coming through.

Today was much better and there seemed a lighter air about the store. I can't say for certain, but we aren't as backlogged and there are a number of items that have been checked off the list...done. I thought it fitting, looking across the street as the fire department put on a demonstration for some folk. I wasn't fast enough to catch the car on fire (and it was REALLY on fire!), but I did catch them giving some people a try at the hose. I should see if I could get my hands on one of those to put out my own fires.

No comments: