Monday, July 28, 2008

Ready for August

August is just around the corner and I am looking forward to it. The shop should be slowing down, and it begins the swing towards fall, which is my favorite time of year.

I am off tomorrow to help mark the way for the Tour De Loren. I am amazed at how much work the organizing committee puts into this ride. I figure the least I can do is help with a few markers and make some cookies. It should help me get my century ride in for July (nothing like waiting till the last minute to keep up with goals). A nice thing is that I have Sunday off so I can complete the entire Tour and I will have my century in for August. That means I should plan another ride in August to make up for other months.

We had a great TRAM last week. It renews my faith in people a little bit. The riders are so appreciative of our work, and the MS Society does a fantastic job with the ride. If ever there was an organized ride for me to actually ride on, I would have to say this would be it.

We also held our Champs-Elysees party on Sunday night. There was a pretty good crowd and as coverage didn't start when people came over, we went for a bike ride. The best was on the way back I spotted some furniture on the curb for free. One of the guys was saying he wanted a table and sure enough, there was one on the curb. He only lives a few blocks from me but instead of going to get his pickup, we decided we could carry it while riding our bikes.
We did o.k. It did get dropped a couple times and even though we tried to be careful, we ended up splintering one of the legs. I think it will work fine for the time being.

No comments: