Thursday, August 14, 2008

Procrastination

I am trying my hand at being the best procrastinator on the planet. For weeks now, the Corolla has needed new brake shoes. I have had them in the basement, ready for me to put them in. I just have no motivation for working on the car. Today is the day. No more excuses.

I am expanding my knowledge of bikes. I am storing a 1972 or 73 (can't quite pin it down) Honda CL350 K4 motorcycle. A friend of mine had someone give it to him and as I have more storage space, it is in my garage. The idea is to fix it up and have a community bike. Now I have wanted a motorcycle since before I can remember, so I am all over this idea. The nice thing is that my wife seems ok with it also. If I didn't know better, I might think she's up to something.

I have been thinking about Trans Iowa fo the last few days. After my last overnight ride, I started to consider that rides including overnights are not for me. I still do not have a definite answer to whether that is true or not. I am hoping to have that sorted out by the time registration ends. So until then, the parts list has begun for the Cross Check to become Iowa gravel worthy.

Maybe I'll put that off until winter.

No comments: