Saturday, January 31, 2009

Clear headed

I was riding to work Friday morning and had a moment of clarity. It wasn't any grand awakening or anything like that, but It was sit up and take notice for me. The sun was shining, it was cold, but very nice. There are a lot of things that go through my head while riding. Lots of times, I get a certain song stuck in there and I play the game of singing it until I can't remember any more of the lyrics. Sometimes I am stuck on one song for days.

Anyway, a number of random things were dancing through my head and suddenly it was an e-mail message. It had confused me a little bit but, riding through the park, I realized exactly what it meant. There was absolutely no correlation with anything that I was currently experiencing, but obviously my mind was working on making sense of that message. It just took a little sorting out.
Just another great reason to ride your bike.

I felt like crap this morning. I drove to work. I felt even worse for doing so. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily drove to work when there was no other factor involved. I'm pretty sure that riding would have been better for me. I still felt like crap all day. At least I would have cleared a few things up in my head.

No comments: