Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Done and Done

Well, the shelving went great. As always when dealing with an old house, we ran into a number of small details that made the "simple" project a little less simple. We wired a light into our attic stairwell that serves as our linen closet and trying to cut holes in rock lathe and plaster ceilings is not my idea of fun. But, being finished with it, I don't know why we didn't do this years ago. The shelving is exactly what we needed to kick off our year of projects around the house. I think we need to add a few smaller things to the list as rewiring the entire basement is a lofty goal.

Looking at the calendar, the month of Feb. is filling up fast. Between bike rides, Super Bowl, birthday celebrations, broomball, and more bike stuff, I don't have a single weekend free. No complaints here. I'm hoping it makes the end of winter fly by. I'm really starting to look forward to losing the studded tyres. And more importantly, being able to ride without the half-hour of clothing prep.

No comments: