Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Arrives


I didn't pay much attention to the weather last night, and was a little surprised with the snow that was on the ground when I awoke. We have had a few very nice days recently, so it always is a disappointment when the snow returns. It always does in March. I have been wanting to ride my regular commuter so I didn't let the weather change my mind, I loaded up and went to work. I ride right through Como Park on one of my routes, it keeps me away from traffic and I can take a breather on a bench if I need to.

Not that it was a lot of snow, but when you are set in spring mode, it is a bit disheartening.

That being said, with the weather warming up, the thoughts are turning to longer bike rides, overnight camping rides, dusting off the other bikes, and promising again to not wait so long before cleaning the winter bike. So long studded tyres, we'll need you soon enough. I appreciate your grip, but wow! those Panaracers ride loads better. Not to mention the 35's are way more comfy than my skinny 28's.

2 comments:

AJ/Pake Bikes said...

Love this picture. Can we add it to the Pake Bike Builds pool on Flickr.

AJ

bicycletorch said...

Absolutely. Always happy to have more people lookin at bikes.