Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why I ride a bike: Reason #2

Giggling

I took the studded tyres off my bike this past Thursday. Friday when I rode to work I couldn't stop giggling. Actually it fluctuated between smiling and outright laughing, so I will average it to a 6 mile giggle. It's amazing what we can get used to and riding clunky studded tyres all winter was something I DID get used to. But now that I have shed the studs, I don't know how I do it.

Today was even better as I broke out the Schwinn Voyageur II with platform pedals and all. One of the great things about working Sundays is that we get to ride home in the daylight. That changes what kind of equipment I choose for riding. No lights required! With the exception of my skinny 28mm tyres, it is the perfect metro cruiser for me. If it weren't for riding with Dan, I would have been giggling all the way home. There were small bursts on the way to work.

These experiences this week again remind me what I'm doing with this whole bike thing. The freedom of riding is enough to bring giggles to my mouth and lightens my soul. Who wouldn't want to experience that?

No comments: