Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good Ride?

I asked Ken if he wanted to go riding yesterday sometime around 7AM. Wouldn't you know I was out the door by 5:30. Questioning why I would want to give up a nice warm bed to freeze my everything off, I was answered with the moon hanging over Como Park. I was able to ride all the way through the park, enjoy the amazing view, and not be bothered by a single car. Pretty much made the ride worthwhile, and I was only 2 miles from home.

After a short stop to straighten Ken out, we rode out east and stopped for a hearty breakfast. I made the right choice in changing base layers and eating was fantastic. Then it was through St Paul to stop at Hiawatha for some parts for Ken. Somewhere in St Paul I really started feeling like crap. I had upper chest pains and it felt like I wasn't getting oxygen to body parts. I could breath all right, but I had no energy and almost felt dizzy. So I figured I would ride easier and that should help.

We stopped down along the river and that maybe helped a little, but not much. We hung out at Hiawatha for a while and looking back, I think that was a really good idea. Still wasn't feeling good, but I did make it home. I ate and drank a little after I was home and took a small nap. It wasn't until 7 or 8 that evening that I really felt good. Super tired, but good. Slept like a rock the whole night and woke up this morning almost as if nothing happened yesterday but a good ride.

Ken mapped out our route HERE...I added at least 25 miles to the total as the stupid one using studded tyres.

No comments: