Thursday, February 11, 2010

Training

On my way to work yesterday I came down the pedestrian bridge onto Energy Ln. The St Paul police often use this street for training new officers on protocol when pulling over vehicles. I have been by these vehicles many, many times and I have never seen them move. So I was very surprised when, as I started to pass them, they both pulled away from the curb, cutting me off. No signals. I'm not sure this is what is supposed to be taught new police officers.

I made up for it by not stopping at the stop sign at the end of the street. Take that cops!!
(I do not advocate running stop signs. There is virtually no traffic at that intersection. I did slow down and since I ride really slow, it means I was nearly stopped.)

I am starting to become more and more nervous about Trans Iowa. With the amount of snow and ice around here, it makes training rides less than enjoyable. I am thinking that we are going to have ice encrusted roads for a while yet, and the weeks are counting down. I may have to do something rash...rollers. I shudder at the thought of dusting them off.

No comments: