Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Bits


My mudflaps and rack bolts came in. I eyeballed up the mudflaps and they are going to work very well. I still wish for a little more coverage behind my rear tyre and a little more to the front of my front tyre, but that's what I get for not making my own fenders. Front and rear may seem like overkill, but after riding behind people around town, I figure less spatter is better. The real issue being, when will someone be behind ME?

As expensive as they are, the Paul rack bolts are almost a work of art. Such precision in the machining is great, even to look at. Not to mention it makes such a difference when needing to perform their function. A word of warning: Be careful of the road you begin to travel. Once you start with the nice stuff, it's a let down to go back.

No comments: