Friday, March 18, 2011

Gettin on Spring

The promise of spring is in the air. I was fortunate enough to be able to ride down to Cars-r-Coffins bike/coffee shop this morning. We have had a somewhat tradition(?) of having Friday morning breakfast. We have a number of places we like to go, and one of them is Cars-r-Coffins. Sadly, they are closing shop next Friday so we thought it was important we go down there one last time. Weekday mornings can be difficult, but it was nice of my friends Sean and Alex to go with me. I wish Hurl the best in his next adventures.

As some things end, others begin. I was made aware of a new bike shop in St Paul, Green Tire Bike Shop. I decided to stop in today and they have only been open 4 days. It is a used bike/service shop and the manager Jacob seems to be a nice enough fellow. But what really excites me is that my good friend Dan has started a snazzy business, Omnium Bike Shop. This is a very cool place in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood of St Paul. This is his third day open. Hopefully the twin cities biking world can keep all these places open. Good luck, Dan!

The best thing about the day was that I spent about 4 hours riding around town. Being outside, normal shoes, flat pedals, sunshine, is a great reminder of how awesome summer is going to be. This time of year, every year, I think more and more about how wonderful it is to be able to hop on a bike with no preparation. When shorts and a t-shirt are all the clothing you need to make you comfortable; even at 1 AM. Those days are coming soon.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Snazzy is a word you don't see/hear often enough. :)