Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time to Change

Trans Iowa is what, 4 days away? Plenty of time to keep changing things around. I have been running some Bontrager Dry X 29X1.75 tyres for the last few weeks, thinking that the smaller size would fit my full fenders. After some riding with Ken, off the fenders came. This past weekend, I went out for some riding and scared myself silly with how slow I was going. That really made the gears in my head, think about the gears on my bike.

So I decided to switch back to what I rode last year. I moved the XR-1 29X2.1 tyres back onto the hoops and switched to my trusted 42X22 setup. I decided that if the wet does happen (if?), my bike was solid last year. I am hoping that the weather will cooperate just a bit more and allow me to ride this stupid event.


With all that done, I am also doing some last minute change to my custom basket bag. My bag man (also my neighbor), agreed to move my cue sheet clasps to make them (hopefully) more useable. I am glad I used the months of lead time to do so much work and research.

No comments: