Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cross Nationals

reminders are important
 I was able to attend the Cyclocross National races this past weekend.  The racing scene is really not for me, but I do appreciate people's bike handling skills and willingness to make themselves suffer.  I went to provide mechanical support especially to a group of juniors from our racing team.  There was not a lot of work to be done, but with 9 riders, I kept alert throughout the days.  




conditions were a bit soggy
The biggest thing I am saddened with is the lack of freedom to capture images.  I was able to sneak about and grab some photos, and I definitely learned a number of things to help with my shooting cycling events.  It is one of the best things about cyclocross, being so close to the riders and having multiple opportunities to shoot from a number of different points.  One thing I am happy about is having a good outcome from tightening in on my subject.  I have been in the practice of backing off and framing my subject after the fact.  But by zooming in close, I grabbed a couple of photos that turned out almost exactly as I was hoping for.  That confidence goes a long way for me.








I don't think this bike was racing

No comments: