Monday, September 1, 2008

Walking instead of riding

I did something today I have never done before. I protested.

We went down to the capital today to march to protest the war in Iraq. I didn't get into the speeches and yelling and all that stuff, but to see the number of people, and how passionate people get over it was incredible. Once in a lifetime opportunity stuff.

There were definitely some powerful images that my pictures don't do justice. Most of the time, they were things that I didn't feel comfortable shoving my camera in the face of. Even though most of the time people are out there to get publicity and show what is bothering them, it still doesn't feel right to me. Some part of me thinks that if you don't experience it yourself, in person, it loses a lot of the impact.

So it was completely uneventful from a lawful perspective. I heard a few people were arrested but of the thousands and thousands of people that were there, it was amazingly peaceful. Just how I like it.




Someone was wearing this shirt during the march. I think I have to get one.

No comments: