Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to Reality

All of last week was spent working the MS TRAM. It is a ton of fun, getting me out of the shop but still working on bikes, and raises money for a great cause. The days are VERY long and it takes a lot out of me after 5 days of it. This year I came back on Friday and then had to work on Saturday. No time to settle and ease back into normal life.

I then followed that up with riding the Tour de Loren on Sunday. This is an urban century ride
that one of my customers has put on for the past 7 years. He goes waaaaay over the top, using 2 cars for support vehicles, hosting 3 rest stops, q sheets, t-shirts, and a party after. All just to gather up people he knows to go riding. It is an amazing time. The ride was really stepped up with the addition of a Mavic neutral support car. One of our normal riders couldn't ride due to a broken bone, so he was willing to follow us around all day. I'm not bragging, but I know some very neat people.

So now it is the start of a new week. Back to work and time to start settling down a touch. My basement is overwhelmed with piles everywhere from last week, and there is a lot of work to be done beyond just cleaning.

No comments: