Thursday, September 20, 2012

Interbike #1

There is so much stuff happening at Interbike, I don't know that anyone can really wade through it all even if they had a full 5 days.  We didn't have that option, so we are making the best of the time we have.
A new lock for Ivy Mike

My goal for the day was to make it through a bunch of the more unexciting booths that are necessary to run a bike shop.  I find a lot of weird things interesting, especially when it comes to bicycles, but locks and socks for the masses are not up on that list.  It has been difficult for me in the past to put myself into the position of the consumer and not the specific cyclist that I am.  There are a lot of products that we need to sell for those persons.

So much good product is out there or soon to be.  I am hoping to bring in some ODI Cross Trainer grips.  There is no question that for off road riding these grips are quite the staple among a large group of my friends.  New Look pedals that are much more affordable.  Ergon grips offered in both cork and leather.  We should be expanding our Banjo Brothers selection of products, a local based company that make darn good stuff at a darn good price.  It's hard to go into much detail as I don't know where to start or end, so I will be choosing a number of products and companies to highlight in the next few posts.

And there are some other things that I saw that I am not ready to talk about quite yet.  Partially because I don't know if they will be something we want to carry, and partially because I don't know if they will happen at all.  This is one of the benefits to talking to manufacturers directly.  If you use their product and show genuine interest in what is happening, they are much more likely to talk to you about non published information.

Cool stuff all around.

(Sorry about the lack of photos, interwebbing around these parts is not so fun.  Expect a photo dump in a few days)

No comments: