Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Interbike Dirt Demo - Day 1

Travelling all day makes me tired.  We started the day with rain and 50 degrees, and about 2250 miles later, it was 98 and scorching sun.  But we did manage to have fun.

My coworker Cayley and I are out in Vegas for the annual bike trade show.  There are a couple days in which shop folk have the ability to test ride bicycles.

After flying in and shuttling to the hotel and small Kayser with our bags and shuttling to the demo, I was not in much of a mood to ride anything. So we decided to eat which turned out to be one of the best things ever. After, the idea seemed much more appealing. We decided to ride some bikes we don't normally carry, to see if selling them would be a good or bad idea. I first was on a Marin carbon road thing and it was very smooth and the Ultegra Di2 shifted well (although after an afternoon of demoing, it was not perfect) but the roads out here are perfect and not the best test of how it will be back home. I decided to swing my leg over a Surly Moonlander next. This thing is a beast but it is surprising how agile and fun it is. I was careening into whatever I wanted to with very little going wrong. I don't know if I will ever own one, but I see why people are riding them more and more. Finally we took out a pair of Ridley cross bikes. Wow! That really summed it up. Instantly I had a huge ass grin and seemed to keep riding faster and faster. I cannot believe how quick those bikes rode. We are heading back out this morning, I might have to ride it again.

No comments: