Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Different Month

winter commuter at Como Park
I took the day off today to recover from celebrating my 40th birthday.  I had to stop by work for a short spell and the ride home was much more delightful than I had anticipated.  The sun is as high in the sky as it is in mid October which is one of the most pleasant months to ride around the twin cities.  It sure made all the difference today, with temps hovering in the mid teens, but I was able to ride with gloves that normally I wouldn't use unless it was 25 degrees warmer.  

I also decided I would try a new concept to go along with the new month of 30 days of biking.  I stepped up the date and am starting my 30 days of biking a month early and along with that, I am trying 30 days of photographs.  The idea is to be out, on my bicycle and make sure to take the time to really look at my surroundings.  

I will have no themes or restrictions when heading out.  I am sure there will be a fair amount of bicycles and bicycle related images that will emerge, but I am hoping that by doing this, I will open my eyes to a little bit more of my environment.  To capture different scenes and garner inspiration, I will have to ride different places.  This has always been one of my weaknesses, falling into habits of riding routes, which I am trying to change.  

True change should be deliberate.  

No comments: