Monday, March 4, 2013

Ice

We have some hellacious icicles growing off our roof. With a house that is celebrating it's 100th birthday this year, it isn't completely unexpected. I move quickly underneath them whenever I have to walk around the side of the house (pretty much every day to get my bike out and in). I started looking at other icicles around the neighborhood and when I am riding around town, and I have concluded that our icicles really aren't that bad. And there are some nifty things that happen to water as it freezes.

This pic is from the bike shop behind the building. We have some random cable running down one of the gutters and it has frozen all the way top down. It's about 30 ft total height. Tough to visualize through this camera lens, but interesting to my eye.

No comments: