Friday, May 9, 2008

A Day Off

I have been working a little extra this week. Roseville High School has started a bike section of their Physical Education class and I have been volunteering to keep their bikes working safely. It means a few extra hours during the week, which this time of year, makes for some long days.

Being so busy, I have been neglecting my home life. Chores around the house don't get finished, my pets don't get the attention they are used to, my personal bikes feel neglected, and I become distant from my wife. None of these things are acceptable. Getting wrapped up, "in the moment" can be a very bad thing. Time to take a step back. Make sure I am concentrating on what is important. That's what today is all about.

I am working the Twin Cities Ride this weekend. I am fortunate enough that Carrie is coming with me to help. We are one of those twisted couples that can work and play together. Often times it's hard to tell if it is work or play. She can turn a wrench pretty well, definitely knows her way around a bike tyre, and is great with people. We should have a great time in the rain.

No comments: