Monday, May 19, 2008

Mtn Biking Again

After what felt like a long week of having my brother-in-law stay with us for a few days. And then my cousin for a night, I enjoyed a couple of very nice days.

Saturday morning Carrie and I had a nice breakfast at Keys Cafe. We talked about how the day was to play out and my eating habits. Off to Linders for some plants for the backyard. That place really is something. I am not a gardener at all. I am the grunt of the household when it comes to that. Tell me exactly what to do, and that is all I have the talent for. We then swung around and stopped at Sibley Bike Depot. It is amazing that they have a replica of my basement on a larger scale. It is a wonderful place and I am trying to arrange my schedule so I can volunteer there on a regular basis. We then spent most of the afternoon preparing some of our yard for the plants we purchased.

Saturday evening we went to a graduation party for one of our broomball players. It was quite enjoyable as I met a couple of people who partake in events of similar interest as myself. I am usually not much of a socializer in the party environment, but I felt good about my interaction with people.

Sunday Ken and I went down to Lebenon Hills for some early morning riding. It felt really good to be back riding off road. I didn't have time to put my 1X1 together so I ended up riding my old Bridgestone XO-2 that I converted into a mountainish type ride. As I haven't been mtn biking for a while, I was thinking early on about the notion that if you don't crash, you're not riding hard enough. Sometimes I shouldn't listen to myself. I caught my shoulder on a tree during a descent and tore a little off my shoulder. I have a good knot on my knee also. This is what I miss about mtn biking?

We had dinner with some of my family Sunday night and tried out Dave's hookah that I gave him for Christmas. It was exquisite. It took us a while to make sure everything worked properly, but once going, is very smooth and tasty. We built a fire and sat around passing the pipe in their back yard. A great way to finish off the weekend.

No comments: