Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catch up to June

Been busy trying to cram a bunch of stuff into a short time. I always have a number of bike projects going on with my own fleet, one of them being to be able to ride all the bikes I own at least once to work during the month of July. That's coming up fast. I also have taken on a couple of projects for some family and friends. I love doing this, but I always have the deadline looming in my head. People say they are not in a hurry and I hope they mean it for these bikes because they are taking way longer than I think they should. One of them is for my mom. She lives in a very small town, and she doesn't have a bike (I don't know how she has gone this long). I am painting it John Deere green and with a brush for the first time. If it turns out good, I might throw up a pic.

I haven't been doing a lot of extra riding and it sure showed on Sat. My good friend Ken and I headed out EARLY Sat. morning. It was absolutely gorgeous. Saw the sun come up. Picked up some cheese. Had a great time. I just seem to hit a slump around 75 miles and it usually lasts until mile 100. That's a long time to be miserable. I try to be as pleasant as possible when I am with someone and try not to slow them down too much. It's good to ride with stronger riders than yourself. Hopefully it gives you something to aim for.

So now with a back-to-back century ride looming at the end of the month, I am needing to keep my weekly mileage up to make it as easy as possible. I am looking forward to it as it is part of a change of my normal riding season. I am trying to do more social riding (that is, ride with people) than I have in years past. I got away from this and I think has kept me from riding as much as I used to. I still like riding on my own. This year I have been reminded that finding people to ride with, can be extremely rewarding.

No comments: